WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPower outages, lightning, etc EmptyPower outages, lightning, etc

more_horiz
I don't know where to post this, so please forgive me if this isn't the best place. This might be a stupid question but yesterday during a brief but powerful lightning storm, a big crack of lightning blew out the power in my apartment (probably the whole street) while I was using my computer. Naturally, the computer shut off. This is a brand new computer and I am OCD so I wanted to ask whether my computer could have suffered any damage as a result of the power outage.

My computer is plugged into a Belkin surge protector and it seems to be running fine but I want to make sure if there are any steps I should take, or if I am worrying about nothing. thanks a lot.

descriptionPower outages, lightning, etc EmptyRe: Power outages, lightning, etc

more_horiz
Hello,

If the computer is running fine now, there shouldn't be any problem because of the surge protector. If it were to be affected by the voltage spike it probably wouldn't boot now, as the power supply might be toasted.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Power outages, lightning, etc Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thanks for your answer. I read a bunch of stuff online but I trust you guys since you've helped me so many times. I worry a lot. Thanks!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum